Christmas Eve morning started out by making Gingerbread Waffles for breakfast that were to DIE FOR! Not even kidding!! The family all enjoyed it.... :)
Every year we make blankets and deliver them to the homeless people on Christmas Eve.. it's a tradition my family and I started a few years ago..and it has become such a neat opportunity for each of us!! :) Driving all around Downtown Ogden and pulling over to hand out blankets to the people in need gives you the greatest and warmest feeling inside. You know that the people are soo grateful when we do this and we met some amazing people that night that I wish we could help out more with. :) My favorite couple that we met that night sang us a poem and it just made you want to cry. They are seriously the sweetest people EVER! We gave them hugs and let them cry in our arms as they thanked us...to see their faces light up when we gave them the blankets is what Christmas is ALL about.... Giving!! These are the kinds of things that our savior wants us to be doing and is happy when we serve others... :)
Getting ready to go deliver the blankets. :) I seriously am soo blessed to have the family that I do and I am soo grateful for this tradition that we have started! I look forward to doing it with my future family someday to carry on this neat tradition. :)
The blankets actually were made by Alli this year for her Young Women and Excellence project. :)
My parents with the dogs... :)
We decided to go eat lunch at Maple Gardens before delivering the blankets... :)
We enjoyed the yummy Chinese food!!
When I opened my fortune cookie this is exactly what I needed to hear... :)
With everything I'm going through right now I know that I just need to be patient and when the time is right the right guy will come along... :)
We stopped at a blanket store and each of us kids picked out a blanket!! :) I got a Yankees blanket. Alli got a Justin Bieber blanket. Savannah got a Smurf's blanket. Luke got a Muppets blanket. :)
My Uncle Jared came with us to deliver the blankets and then we all headed to go see this movie called "Chasing Maverick's" which is such a good movie!! I highly recommend it to everyone!! :) Below is a trailer of the movie. :) GO SEE IT!
We're ALWAYS messing around.... :)
My Mom read us Christmas stories...the kids even got online to see where Santa was... :)
Piper is my buddy.... :)
Sitting by the Christmas Tree.... :)
I sure was tired and fell asleep on the floor while listening to music.... :)
We were excited for the next morning!!! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment