I came across a blog the other day that shared exactly what I needed to hear and gave me that extra strength that I needed! I know that the decisions I am making in my life right now are the right decisions and that Heavenly Father is proud of me. I can't wait to find that worthy boy that will be able to take me to the temple someday and be married there for time and all eternity!! Being with him and our family FOREVER is what I have always wanted and I'm not going to settle for anything less. NO matter what situations or experiences I will face, I will ALWAYS stand up for what I believe in and choose the right. And when the time is right I will find that worthy boy to take me to the temple! :)
Lots to look forward to in the future... :)
For now, here is what I read on a blog....
President Wilford Woodruff
"When the daughters of Zion are asked by the young men to join with them in marriage, instead of asking - 'Has this man a fine brick house, a span of fine horses and a fine carriage?' they should ask - 'Is he a man of God? Has he the Spirit of God with him? Is he a Latter-day Saint? Does he pray? Has he got the Spirit upon him to qualify him to build up the kingdom?' If he has that, never mind the carriage and brick house, take hold and unite yourselves together according to the law of God" (in Discourses of Wilford Woodruff, 271).
President Ezra Taft Benson
"Dear sisters, never lose sight of this sacred goal [of a temple marriage]. Prayerfully prepare for it and live for it. Be married in the Lord's way. Temple marriage is a gospel ordinance of exaltation. Our Father in Heaven wants each of His daughters to have this eternal blessing.
"Therefore, don't trifle away your happiness by involvement with someone who cannot take you worthily to the temple. Make a decision now that this is the place where you will marry. To leave that decision until a romantic involvement develops is to take a risk the importance of which you cannot now fully calculate.
"And remember, you are not require to lower your standards in order to get a mate. Keep yourself attractive, maintain high standards, maintain your self respect. Do not engage in intimacies that bring heartache and sorrow. Place yourselves in a position to meet worthy men and be engaged in constructive activities.
"But also, do not expect perfection in your choice of a mate. Do not be so concerned about his physical appearance and his bank account that you overlook his more important qualities. Or course, he should be attractive to you, and he should be able to financially provide for you. But, does he have a strong testimony? Does he live the principles of the gospel and magnify his priesthood? Is he active in his ward and stake? Does he love home and family, and will he be a faithful husband and a good father? These are qualities that really matter.
"And I would also caution you single sisters not to become so independent and self-reliant that you decide marriage isn't worth it and you can do just as well on your own. Some of our sisters indicate that they do not want to consider marriage until after they have completed their degrees or pursued a career. This is not right. Certainly we want our single sisters to maximize their individual potential, to be well educated, and to do well at their present employment. You have much to contribute to society, to your community, and to your neighborhood. But we earnestly pray that our single sisters will desire honorable marriage in the temple to a worthy man and rear a righteous family, even though this may mean the sacrificing of degrees and careers. Our priorities are right when we realize there is no higher calling than to be an honorable wife and mother" ("To the Single Adult Sisters of the Church," Ensign, Nov. 1988, 96-97).
Counsel for Single Brethren
President Ezra Taft Benson
"Work hard educationally and in your vocation. Put your trust in the Lord, have faith, and it will work out. the Lord never gives a commandment without providing the means to accomplish it (see 1 Nephi 3:7).
"Also, do not be caught up in materialism, one of the real plagues of our generation - this is, acquiring things, fast-paced living, and securing career success in the single state.
"Honorable marriage is more important than wealth, position, and status. As husband and wife, you can achieve your life's goals together. As you sacrifice for each other and your children, the Lord will bless you, and your commitment to the Lord and your service in His kingdom will be enhanced" (in Conference Report, Apr. 1988, 59; or Ensign, May 1988,53).
"Now, brethren, do not expect perfection in your choice of mate. Do not be so particular that you overlook her most important qualities of having a strong testimony, living the principles of the gospel, loving home, wanting to be a mother in Zion, and supporting you in your priesthood responsibilities.
"Of course, she should be attractive to you, but do not just date one girl after another for the sole pleasure of dating without seeking the Lord's confirmation in your choice of your eternal companion.
"And one good yardstick as to whether a person might be the right one for you is this: in her presence, do you think your noblest thoughts, do you aspire to your finest deeds, do you wis you were better than you are?
"God bless you single adult brethren of the Church. May your priorities be right. I have suggested some very important priorities this evening. May you seriously consider and ponder them" (in Conference Report, Apr. 1988, 59; or Ensign, May 1988,53).
President Gordon B. Hinckley
"I hope you will not put off marriage too long. I do not speak as much to the young women as to the young men whose prerogative and responsibility it is to take the lead in this matter. Don't go on endlessly in a frivolous dating game. Look for a choice companion, one you can love, honor, and respect, and make a decision" ("Thou Shalt Not Covet," Ensign, Mar. 1990, 6).
No comments:
Post a Comment