Sunday, August 9, 2009

Youth Conference . . .



This year for Youth Conference we went up to a place by Logan and stayed over night. It was for all Youth in 2 stakes. It was so much fun! We had to wear costumes like what the people wore in the Book of Mormon. The theme for Youth Conference was "Return To Zerahemla" and we renacted the Book of Mormon. I learned so much at Youth Conference. When we did the renactments it really brought the Book of Mormom to life. The first day when we got up there we got our costumes on and then went and got in our tribes. I was really nervous because they take one person out of each ward and make a tribe and I didn't really know anybody so I was kind of scared at first. As the days went on I was able to become friends with everyone in my tribe. We also played water games and some other fun activities. The food was great by the way. That night we had an activity where each tribe went on a trail while we were blind folded and held on to the iron rod. Your leaders would lead you and you would try really hard to listen to them so you wouldn't let go of the iron rod. There would be people on the trail that would tempt you to let you and tell you that your going the wrong way and stuff. I didn't listen to them even though it was hard not to because you don't know who is talking to you and you would get confused when your leader would tell you not to listen to them and stuff. We were blind folded so it was kind of hard. We had to go through obsticles and over logs and branches and stuff. When we finally made it to the end we were so happy because my tribe all made it through without letting go and some of the tribes didn't make it through. So we were pretty proud of ourselves. After that fun activity we watched clips of Christs life. It was really good. Then we went to bed. The second day we did more activities and lots and lots of renactments. Thats pretty much all we did that day. I was actually in one of the reanactments and I was a guard. It was funny! That night me and Jade and Jessica stayed up until about 2:00 A.M. We were taking funny pictures and making funny videos. The next day they woke us up at 4:30 AM!! They had these loud speakers throughout the campsite and the noise was a big storm like wind and thunder and stuff. When they woke us up they told us to hurry and get our costumes on. We were like "Are you crazy! It's 4:30 in the morning! You guys are nuts!" So we went and had another reanactment about christ and when he comes again. Then they told us to go back to our tents for solo time and write down your feelings in your journal. When we got in our tent we hurry and wrote in our journals so we could go back to sleep. About 10 minutes after we were asleep they come and wake us up and tell us that its time for testimony meeting and that we can't go back to sleep! I was so MAD! I mean seriously it was 6:00 AM for testimony meeting?? During testimony meeting we were all like half asleep (at least i was) and it was freezing!! We were all rapped up in blankets and had our jackets on. I didn't even have time to brush my hair or put make up on that morning. I was so embarrassed cuz everybody that I go to school with now knows what I look like in the morning. Haha :) Anyways then we had breakfast, packed up, and went home. I'm so glad I was able to go to Youth Conference this year! It really helped my testimony grow and I learned so much! It was only for youth 14 and older so I barely made it. :) Thanks to all the leaders that put a lot of time into it. It was one of the best experiences for me! :D

No comments: